- Download the free Heart of Gold Australia app from iTunes or Google Play and the trail bundle in the app before arriving in the city.
- Make sure your device has full battery or consider taking a battery pack.
- Don’t forget to bring headphones.
- Be safe and sun smart – remember to bring a hat, sunscreen and a water bottle.
- Be aware of traffic – cross at lights and keep your eyes up. When referring to the app/map, stop somewhere safe.
- Save and share your photos on social media using #heartofgold
- See our Teacher Resources section for lesson plans and more information.
Perth #heartofGold Discovery Trail
- Allow up to two hours to complete the trail and approximately three hours for groups.
- You can get to Elizabeth Quay by public transport or car. See the Heart of Gold Australia app trail resources for more details.
- Arrive at Elizabeth Quay early to see the sights.
- Stop for a picnic lunch in the gardens of Government House Tuesday to Thursday from 12.00 pm - 2.00 pm. Stirling Gardens and the State Buildings’ restaurants are always open for lunch.
- When you arrive at The Perth Mint why not see a live gold pour? You can book a tour by emailing email@example.com or call (08) 9421 7223. Make sure you mention the trail!
- If you need some help or would like to explore more of the city, Two Feet and a Heartbeat can assist. Visit twofeet.com.au or call 1800 459 388.
Kalgoorlie #heartofgold Discovery Trail
- Allow up to an hour to complete the trail and approximately two hours for groups.
- You can get to Market Arcade by public transport or car. See the Heart of Gold Australia app trail resources for more details.
- When you arrive at the Museum of the Goldfields, why not explore their many exhibits? You can book a tour by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call (08) 9021 8533. Make sure you mention the trail!
- Continue your golden journey with the region's additional Points of Interest, also found in the Heart of Gold Australia app.