The Gold Industry Group is proud to support Get Into Resources 2018, a unique careers event designed to showcase the resources industry to secondary school students.
Industry professionals volunteer their time to present hands-on, interactive activities which highlight just some of the over 150 different career opportunities available in the resources sector.
How does it work?
Students are organised into small groups of around ten. This allows or the creation of an engaging and personal experience for everyone who attends the day. Students’ progress through a series of activities from a range of different resource-related disciples to fully immerse them in the opportunities the resources sector offers.
The resource sector offers well paid jobs with great career progression and travel opportunities. By coming along to Get Into Resources with your school, you will be involved in:
- Learning more about resources careers from people who actually do it every day
- Hands-on activities providing an immersive and practical experience
- Finding out about a range of technical, professional and trade roles available (both VET and ATAR pathways)
- Interacting with people who love what they do in the resources industry.
- Making quality contacts for the future.
The resources industry provides a stunningly wide spectrum of rewarding workplace opportunities for professionals, technical and trade workers. Most often, students are unaware of the variety of positions available and the pre-qualifications they need to enable their resources industry career pathway to commence. Get Into Resources had been primarily developed to assist Year 10 students with making informed decisions about their senior school subject selections.
Share what you love with the next generation!
Students are invariably unaware of the variety of career opportunities available in the resources industry and the qualifications they need to get their resources industry career underway. You can help to provide some of those answers in an engaging, informative and interactive way.
If you feel you can deliver an interesting, repeatable, interactive activity that is centred around what you do on a day-to-day basis, then we want to hear from you!.
Get Into Resources is your chance to:
- Give back to your community
- Share with students of today what you love about your career and why
- Inspire a resources industry talent pipeline for the future!
Get Into Resources is strongly supported by organisations with specific interests in the resources sector. As a sponsor, your organisation benefits from:
- Sharing your organisation and the resources industry with students and teachers – something that is likely to be very new and exciting for both!
- Company branding and exposure at this uniquely Western Australian careers event
- Sharing the event with your staff by encouraging team members to participate as a presenter or volunteer
- Working collaboratively with other industry partners to help build a resources industry talent pipeline for the future
Find out how you can support the 2018 Get Into Resources Event here.
Get Into Resources was founded by partners Earth Science WA and North Metropolitan TAFE. Our members St Barbara and Gold Fields are proud sponsors of the event.