LIVIN Co-Founder and Survivor contestant Sam Webb will share his personal journey that led to the establishment of mental health charity LIVIN.
Sam will also discuss the latest statistics showing the prevalence of mental health, stories of high profile people battling mental challenges and basic tools to seek help and help others in need.
Everybody experiences a form of emotional distress at some point in their lives; it may be through knowing someone with a mental illness, or daily life stresses.
With your help we can raise awareness of mental health in the community and support each other.
- Learn how to identify symptoms and implement positive strategies
- Find out how you can help yourself and others
- Help us to break the stigma attached to mental illness
- Talk to LIVIN co-founders Sam Webb and Casey Lyons
- Get involved by spreading the message #itaintweaktospeak on social media
- Connect with members of the community
Why is your support important?
- 1 in 4 people experience a mental health condition in their lifetime
- Suicide is the biggest killer of Australian’s aged 15-44 with indigenous Australians having the highest suicide rate in the world
There are opportunities to support this community event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Register for the GIG LIVIN Community Event
Date: Wednesday 14th June 2017
Time: 6pm – 7.30pm
Presentation: 6.30pm LIVIN Co-Founder and Survivor contestant Sam Webb
Location: Kalgoorlie Golf Course
This community initiative is undertaken by the Gold Industry Group (GIG) in partnership with LIVIN with the aim to connect, support and inspire others to speak up and seek help. The Gold Industry Group is working with its members and LIVIN to raise awareness of mental health and engage workers and the community.
LIVIN was co-founded by Sam Webb and Casey Lyons in September 2013, in honour of close friend Dwayne Lally and other close friends and family who took their own lives after suffering from a mental illness.
LIVIN is all about LIVIN your life at the top and destroying the stigma attached to mental illness. The core of LIVIN’s mission is the mantra “It Ain’t Weak to Speak,” to encourage and inspire people to speak up and seek help.